Do you have a Water Damaged Laptop? Don’t have time to send it to a laptop repair centre? Don’t worry, you will only need 10 minutes (or less) to Repair Water Damaged Laptop.
If you have a laptop damaged by water, this is not the end of your laptop’s life. You can easily fix it by following the steps to repair the laptop below.
What you’ll need to Repair Water Damaged Laptop :
- One hand sanitiser
- a toothbrush
- An air compressor
- Set of screwdrivers
- First of all, turn off your laptop.
- Remove the laptop battery and remember, do not press the power button, otherwise the laptop will start again.
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew all the screws on the bottom of your laptop so that you can get out of the motherboard and have access to the internal hardware.
- Gently, remove everything from the top side including the keyboard. Make sure you open all the screws at the bottom so that you can damage your laptop while trying to pull everything out.
- Inspect the water spots after stripping the keyboard. (Looks like white or green spots. Check the hardware if you see any rust marks.)
- Remove all the screws attached to the internal hardware to remove the motherboard and check everything for water and rust spots.
- If you see water spots or rust spots on the motherboard, try gently removing the affected hardware.
- Now apply a hand sanitizer on the toothbrush and use it to clean the water spots. Do not use too much hand sanitizer in it. Just pour it so that it evaporates quickly.
- Use the air compressor for inaccessible places and try wiping it later using a toothbrush.
- Ensure that there are no water spots anywhere in the hardware connector. Such as keyboard connector, hard disk connector etc.
- Turn the hardware and connector back on and after finishing cleaning check all connections so that there is no loosening.
- Re-install the upper part of the laptop and keyboard.
- Put everything back together, including the bottom screws.
- Turn the battery back on and turn on the laptop…. Here it is! It is actually less than 10 minutes.
This is just a brief instruction and hopefully, you will like it, it can help you as repair water damaged laptop repair guide. if not please I recommending you to go to the nearest laptop repair service centre. But, you can actually learn more by watching it on video.