Before purchasing any of the best docking stations, we should have a detailed idea about their functioning and also know which type of docking station we need.
A docking station is a type of external input and output portable device that increases the number of ports on your laptop or desktop.
Due to which the work efficiency of any laptop or desktop increases. With the help of this device, you can connect many different devices on a single interface input.
Because of this, additional interfaces are available in addition to the existing ones in your device, with the help of which you can connect multiple devices to that laptop or desktop at the same time.
Why Do We Need Docking Station?
The simple, main and beautiful answer, why do we need a docking station? is that we need many different devices to work on our laptop or desktop and want to increase the functionality. Some other Key Points are:
- Need Extra input and output Interfaces.
- increase workload on System.
- Need to connect Extra Storage Space.
- Connect multiple Monitors.
- Want new interface like USB-C etc.
What Type of Docking Station do you Need?
We need a docking station that can connect to our system with a comfortable and automatic plug and play system. For this, we have to pay attention to the available inputs of our device.
Most likely it determines what type of docking station we want and which input ports are available for our docking station.
Mainly some ports of this type are available.
- USB and USB-C ports
- Portable Digital Media Interface (PDMI)
- Apple Lightning connector
- Cowon iAudio 22-pin dock connector
- Creative Zen 30-pin dock connector
- iRiver 18-pin dock connector
- Le Pan 30-pin dock connector
- Microsoft Zune 24-pin dock connector
- Olympus m: robe series 18-pin dock connector
- Panasonic D-snap port (24-pin)
- Philips GoGear 30-pin dock connector
- SanDisk Sansa 30-pin dock connector
- Sony NW-A1000/3000 42-pin multi-connector
- Sony Walkman WM-Port 22-pin dock connector
- Tatung Elio 26-pin dock connector
- Toshiba Gigabeat 40-pin dock connector
Best Docking Stations for MacBook Pro
In Apple MacBook Pro, you can connect any docking station to MacBook Pro with the help of the Apple Lightning connector. This will give you more port interfaces.
Most of the Apple products have seen a very limited number of input connectors. That’s why we need docking stations for additional ports for MacBook Pro or Mac products.
Best Docking Stations for Laptops
Due to the small and compact size of the laptop, the port availability in laptops is very less. But they still have the availability of a lot of workable input ports.
But for some productive works, we need extra ports and interface. To meet these needs, we use docking stations on laptops. Let’s see here some of the best docking stations equipped with such modern and detailed features.
Best Docking Stations for Desktops
By the way, we have a lot of post interfaces available on the desktop. But we can also add more port interface by mounting additional ports card on PCI-express or PCI-slot. But still because of the portability that we use docking stations.
I hope you are satisfied with the above information and will find the best docking stations for your personal PC. Before choosing any docking station, let me remind you again to collect all the input post information on your personal PC, laptop, or desktop. Accordingly, it would be best to buy these docking stations.